Benefits of Orthodontics
Orthodontic treatment can improve the appearance, health and function of the teeth and jaws. A wonderful side effect of these changes for many people is an increase in confidence and self-esteem. For us, giving someone a beautiful smile, is an incredibly rewarding thing!
- Appearance: People are very aware of how their teeth look to others. An attractive smile can play an important role in enhancing self–confidence.
- Cleaning of Teeth: Teeth that are crowded and overlapping can be difficult to clean. Inadequate cleaning is a major factor in tooth decay and gum disease, which can cause tooth loss. Teeth with good alignment are much easier to floss and brush.
- Chewing: Your ability to chew food is best when your bite is correct.
- Tooth Wear: Crooked teeth often show abnormal and sometimes severe patterns of wear. This can lead to aesthetic compromise and tooth sensitivity.
- Speech Problems: Some people have difficulty speaking properly because of alignment problems with their teeth and jaw.
- Occlusion: Occlusion describes how the upper and lower teeth meet during chewing or when the jaw is closed. This is commonly called the ‘bite’. Proper occlusion is importance for good oral health and for an attractive appearance of the mouth and teeth.